Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop Review
Latest pricing, specs and Acer gaming PC review. Updated April 2021. How many PC games will it run? Is it a good choice for a PC gamer? Should you buy this Acer computer?
For a PC gamer, the most important component in the system is the graphics card. This is the supermodel part that will make or break the setup and is responsible for making all your games look awesome. The more powerful the graphics card the higher, smoother frame rates you will get, the higher resolution you can run at, and the better your games will look. For graphics, this Acer computer has a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080. We rate this NVIDIA GPU as powerful enough to run 997 games at a recommended level.
Next on the list has to be the CPU. The processor at the heart of your gaming desktop is the brains of the outfit, and is vital for making sure that you can get the most out of your graphics card when it comes to gaming performance. The number of cores isn’t vital for games, beyond four cores you get diminishing returns, but you want to make sure what you do have run at a high frequency. The Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop has a Intel Core i7-9700K capable of running at 3.6 GHz. That level of power from an Intel chip means it is rated to run 990 of the most popular 1000 PC games at a recommended level.
The level of RAM in a gaming desktop is also important. More system memory allows your PC to churn through large amounts of data quickly, and for today’s massive open gameworlds it’s vital to have that information accessed quickly to speed up game loads. Having too little RAM can mean laggy frames and a poor experience.
This rig comes with 16GB of system RAM. Better than most dedicated gaming PC setups, according to the Steam Hardware Survey, and will be perfect if you’re aiming to do more with your desktop, such as streaming.
Looking at various Amazon reviews for this PC, the Amazon community rate the set up at 4.5 for gaming, 4.5 on value for money and 3.3 on noise level
This pre-built gaming PC can run GTA V, PUBG, Red Dead Redemption 2, Apex Legends, Minecraft and Fortnite - some of the the biggest PC games at a recommended level.
Coming in at $2156.51 this rig falls into our enthusiast category of gaming PCs under $3000. The setup can run 990 of our target games at recommended level.
Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop
PCGameBenchmark Rating: 99%
Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop Specs
Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop review videos
Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop PC Gaming Performance
This computer will run 990 of the top PC games. Use PCGameBenchmark's Rate My PC service to test your current set up and set how it compares.Which games can it run?
Can It Run GTA 5?
This Acer gaming pc can run GTA 5. It beats the system requirement on CPU, GPU and RAM.
Can It Run Apex Legends?
This Acer gaming pc can run Apex Legends. It beats the system requirement on CPU, GPU and RAM.
Can It Run Fortnite?
This Acer gaming pc can run Fortnite. It beats the system requirement on CPU, GPU and RAM.
Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop Features
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9700k 8-Core Processor (Up to 4. 9GHz)
- NVidia GeForce RTX 2080 graphics with 8GB GDDR6 Video Memory (3 x Display Ports, 1 x HDMI port & 1 - USB Type-C for display or virtual Link)
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM (expandable to 64GB), 8x DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW) 256GB Pie NV Me SSD & 1TB 7200Rpm HDD
- Creative Sound Blaster 720°, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802. 11AC Gigabit Wi-Fi, Relate Dragon Giga LAN 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45 Port)
- 1 - USB 3. 1 Type C Gen 2 port, 1 - USB 3. 1 Gen 2 port, 2 - USB 3. 1 Gen 1 ports & 4 - USB 2. 0 Ports
Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop DEALS - BEST prices
Similar to Acer Predator Orion 3000 Desktop
Here are a few other options...
|GeForce RTX 2060|
|16 GB RAM|
|$1999.00 (Save $259)|
|GeForce RTX 2070|
|32 GB RAM|
|$1588.52 (Save $190)|
|GeForce RTX 2070|
|16 GB RAM|
Latest Gaming PC Reviews
- HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC Computer Review
- OMEN 30L Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Dell G5 5090 Premium 2020 Gaming Desktop Computer I 10th Gen Intel Octa-Core i7-10700F Review
- Alienware R11 Gaming Desktop Review
- Lenovo Legion Tower 5 Gaming Desktop Review
- HP Pavilion 2020 Premium Gaming Desktop Computer 9th Gen Intel Hexa-Core i5-9400 Review
- ROG Strix G35 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Acer Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop Review
- ROG Strix G15CK Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Acer Chromebox CXI3-UA91 Mini PC Review
- HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Review
- OMEN 25L Gaming Desktop PC Review