Sceptre IPS 24” Review
Sceptre gaming monitor review. Updated 2020 Amazon pricing, screen size and resolution details Reviewed and rated using scores for brightness, screen quality, color balance and value for money. Is this Sceptre monitor right for a PC gamer?
Should you buy the Sceptre IPS 24”?
PCGameBenchmark has reviewed 312 models to find the best gaming monitor available on Amazon. We've ignored some of the smaller and generic brands. We've filtered to only show the best gaming monitors available to buy right now - this Sceptre gaming monitor made our 2020 list.
Now's a great time to buy a new PC gaming monitor. So many games are enhanced with great graphics, there are always Sceptre deals to be had (no need to wait for Black Friday 2020) and there's a massive range to choose from. High quality graphics are super important when you’re playing and the gaming monitors sometimes sold with PCs are pretty rubbish. You may also want to use a monitor alongside a gaming laptop.
The display size, also known as viewable image size (VIS) is the physical size of the area where videos are displayed - not the monitor case itself. The size of a screen is the length of its diagonal, which is the distance between opposite corners, usually in inches. The display size of this above average monitor is 24 inches. Check our compare monitors page to see other monitors this size at a larger range of prices.
When it comes to the all important specs the max screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, the refresh rate is 165 Hz. This is a 1080p Sceptre monitor and can run at 165 Hz.
This gaming monitor weighs 6.1 lbs - important to know if you’re taking it to live events or college. The color of this monitor is Machine Black.
PCGameBenchmark ratings are built up from the scores of the Amazon community, to show the most important aspects of a PC gaming monitor. We merge those scores to create a percentage rating. On sheerness this monitor scored a 5.0/5, thickness 5.0/5, value for money 4.7/5, for gaming 4.7/5, brightness 4.7/5 and on picture quality 4.6/5. That makes an aggregate score of 95%.
Sceptre IPS 24”
PCGameBenchmark Rating: 95%
Sceptre IPS 24” Specs
Sceptre IPS 24” Features
- up to 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard 144Hz, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- AMD FreeSync: With FreeSync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games. FreeSync is an AMD technology that nearly eliminates tearing and stuttering due to differences between a graphics card's frame rat
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery that 1080P resolution and 165Hz refresh rate have to offer.
- Multiple Digital Ports: While three HDMI ports each deliver an impressive 144Hz refresh rate, one DisplayPort produces a stunning 165Hz refresh rate, all in FHD resolution.
- Blue Light Shift: Reduce your monitors blue light to protect you from eye fatigue, irritation and strains. This enables you to work on your documents, watch movies, or play games more comfortably for extended periods.
- Built-in Speakers: With built-in speakers, the monitor delivers office level audio for conference calls and internet workshops. Similarly, enjoy engaging audio while listening to your favorite tunes.
- Anti-Flicker: Provides a crisper picture by preventing the backlight from flickering periodically.
Sceptre IPS 24” DEALS - BEST prices
Other Sceptre gaming monitors
Here are a few other options...
Latest Gaming Monitor Reviews
- ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV 27” WQHD Review
- Sceptre IPS 24-Inch Business Computer Review
- Acer CB282K smiiprx 28" UHD 4K Review
- Alienware 25 AW2521HF 24.5 inch Review
- MSI Full HD Non-Glare Review
- Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27 Inch 4K UHD Review
- ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHPE 17.3” Portable Review
- ASUS ROG Strix XG279Q 27” HDR Review