Alienware Aurora R8 Review
Latest pricing, specs and Alienware gaming PC review. Updated November 2020. How many PC games will it run? Is it a good choice for a PC gamer? Should you buy this Alienware computer?
For a PC gamer, the most important component in the system is the graphics card. This is the supermodel part that will make or break the setup and is responsible for making all your games look awesome. The more powerful the graphics card the higher, smoother frame rates you will get, the higher resolution you can run at, and the better your games will look. For graphics, this Alienware computer has a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. We rate this NVIDIA GPU as powerful enough to run 997 games at a recommended level.
Next on the list has to be the CPU. The processor at the heart of your gaming desktop is the brains of the outfit, and is vital for making sure that you can get the most out of your graphics card when it comes to gaming performance. The number of cores isn’t vital for games, beyond four cores you get diminishing returns, but you want to make sure what you do have run at a high frequency. The Alienware Aurora R8 has a Intel Core i7-9700 capable of running at 3 GHz. That level of power from an Intel chip means it is rated to run 996 of the most popular 1000 PC games at a recommended level.
The level of RAM in a gaming desktop is also important. More system memory allows your PC to churn through large amounts of data quickly, and for today’s massive open gameworlds it’s vital to have that information accessed quickly to speed up game loads. Having too little RAM can mean laggy frames and a poor experience.
This rig comes with 16GB of system RAM. Better than most dedicated gaming PC setups, according to the Steam Hardware Survey, and will be perfect if you’re aiming to do more with your desktop, such as streaming.
This pre-built gaming PC can run GTA V, PUBG, Red Dead Redemption 2, Apex Legends, Minecraft and Fortnite - some of the the biggest PC games at a recommended level.
Coming in at $1999.77 this rig falls into our performance category of gaming PCs under $2000. The setup can run 991 of our target games at recommended level.
Alienware Aurora R8
PCGameBenchmark Rating: 99%
Alienware Aurora R8 Specs
Alienware Aurora R8 review videos
Alienware Aurora R8 PC Gaming Performance
This computer will run 991 of the top PC games. Use PCGameBenchmark's Rate My PC service to test your current set up and set how it compares.Which games can it run?
Can It Run GTA 5?
This Alienware gaming pc can run GTA 5. It beats the system requirement on CPU, GPU and RAM.
Can It Run Fortnite?
This Alienware gaming pc can run Fortnite. It beats the system requirement on CPU, GPU and RAM.
Can It Run Apex Legends?
This Alienware gaming pc can run Apex Legends. It beats the system requirement on CPU, GPU and RAM.
Alienware Aurora R8 Features
- Alienware Aurora R8
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9700 (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4. 7GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 up to [64GB] , (additional memory sold separately) Dual Channel
- 256 GB M. 2 [PCIe] NVMe (SSD) Boot + 2 TB 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s Storage
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, 8GB GDDR6 (Overclock able)
- Tray Load DVD-RW Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- Internal High-Definition Audio with Creative X-Fi Software
Alienware Aurora R8 DEALS - BEST prices
Similar to Alienware Aurora R8
Here are a few other options...
|GeForce RTX 2060|
|16 GB RAM|
|$1999.00 (Save $259)|
|GeForce RTX 2070|
|32 GB RAM|
|GeForce RTX 2060|
|16 GB RAM|
Latest Gaming PC Reviews
- ROG Strix G35 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Acer Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop Review
- ROG Strix G15CK Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Acer Chromebox CXI3-UA91 Mini PC Review
- HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Review
- OMEN 25L Gaming Desktop PC Review
- 2020 HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Desktop Mini Computer Review
- MSI MEG Trident X 10SD-864US SFF Gaming Desktop Review
- 2020 Dell Vostro 3000 Business Small Desktop Computer Review
- ROG Strix GA15DH Gaming Desktop PC Review
- CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme Desktop Computer Review
- Acer Aspire C27-962-UR11 AIO Desktop Review