League of Legends System Requirements
League of Legends System Requirements (2021) - full specs, system checker and the gaming PC setup you need: Can I Run League of Legends?
League of Legends system requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5670
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz
- File Size: 12 GB
- OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
League of Legends minimum requirements
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5670
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz
- File Size: 8 GB
- OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3 ONLY), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
Automatically test your computer against League of Legends system requirements. Check if your PC can run the game with our free, easy-to-use detection tool or enter your system manually.
Can I Run League of Legends?
League of Legends system requirements include a minimum memory requirement of 2GB RAM, but 4 is recommended. The mininum CPU required needs to be equivalent to an Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz. However, the developers recommend a CPU greater or equal to an Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz. The League of Legends PC requirements state you will need at least 8 GB of free disk space available. The cheapest graphics card you can play it on is an AMD Radeon HD 5670.
The good news is that you can run on a very low spec setup - it's easy to find a cheap gaming laptop for League of Legends
League of Legends FPS issues
Withing the League of Legends specs there are a few fixes and ways to improve your FPS easily without having to cough up for new hardware.
- A very easy method to improve FPS is to disable HUD animations. You can do this in settings in-game, this will only slightly improve FPS but it will help in the long run.
- Another reason for low FPS this could be because your graphics drivers are not up to date. These can very easily be updated in the Geforce experience app (If using NVIDIA).
- Another setting in-game that can be disabled to improve FPS without any major graphics reduction is by disabling shadows in the graphics options.
- Ensure your game files are not corrupt as this could lead to FPS issues. To make sure you have no corrupt game files first open up the League of Legends launcher. Then select and click the ‘?’ icon in the top right hand corner of the launcher and select repair. This should very quickly check for corrupt files and repair them.
- If you’re still have trouble, you can also turn down the effects, environment and character quality, though the game starts to look pretty ugly once you go below Medium settings. If you’re still struggling, you can turn down the screen resolution, but try to keep the aspect ratio the same as your monitor to prevent the visuals warping. While it may seem like common sense to leave the frame rate uncapped, League of Legends isn’t well optimised for this. Instead, set the frame rate cap to 144, or to around where your upper limit of frames tends to be. As long as it’s greater than 60, you’ll be fine.
There is no League of Legends Steam edition any more, though there was at launch back in 2009. You'll need to go straight to Riot Games for League of Legends download.
Check out the Ruined King system requirements.
Looking for another title to play from Riot Games? Check out the Valorant system requirements.
League of Legends will run on PC system with Windows XP (Service Pack 3 ONLY), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 and upwards.
Looking for an upgrade? Try our easy to use League of Legends set up guides to find the best, cheapest cards. Filter for League of Legends graphics card comparison and CPU compare. We'll help you find the best deal for the right gear to run the game.
Looking for ready made system? We have 505 laptop computers in our database that can run League of Legends. We take over 206 gaming laptops under $1000. Check our full compare laptops chart for the right systems or these best deals we've picked out below.