Apex Legends System Requirements
Apex Legends System Requirements - full specs, system checker and the gaming PC setup you need to match the Apex Legends PC requirements.
Apex Legends recommended requirements
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K or FX-4350
- File Size: 22 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Apex Legends minimum requirements
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 or Radeon HD 7730
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6300 or FX-4350
- File Size: 22 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Can you run it? Test your computer against Apex Legends system requirements.
Can I Run Apex Legends?
If you fancy dropping into Olympia and becoming a battle royale champion, you'll first need to make sure your gaming PC meets the Apex Legends system requirements.
While Windows 7 64-bit is enough to overcome the Apex Legends minimum system requirements, we'd strongly recommend upgrading to a 64-bit version of Windows 10 or Windows 11. In terms of CPUs, an Intel Core i3-6300 or AMD FX-4350 or better, paired with 6GB of RAM, is enough to guarantee you a ticket to Olympia. An Nvidia GeForce GT 640 or AMD Radeon HD 7730 graphics card can get the job done, but you'd be better off going with something stronger for higher frame rates. Aside from that, the Apex Legends PC requirements also ask for 22GB free on your hard drive or SSD.
Moving up to the Apex Legends recommended system requirements, an Intel i5-3570K or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 processor with 8GB of RAM will help maintain high fps. That is, of course, providing you have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290 GPU in your system too.
Apex Legends Season 13
Apex Legends Season 13 began on May 10, 2022 and will run until August 9. Officially known as Apex Legends: Saviors, the new season marks the debut for Newcastle, a new support legend. It released simultaneously across all supported platforms, including PC.
Apex Legends settings
As this is a competitive online game, you’ll want to tweak your settings to ensure maximum performance.
- Turning ambient occlusion down improves performance massively, and has the added benefit of improving long-range visibility. Turning down texture filtering, the texture streaming budget, sun shadow coverage, and volumetric lighting will also have a big impact on performance. Disabling V-sync is an essential tweak: while it reduces screen tearing, V-sync can cause an image delay, which is a disaster if the delayed image is an armed opponent.
- If you’re looking to maximise the Apex Legends frame rate, then you’ll need to remove the FPS cap. The battle royale is capped at 144fps by default, but you can change that by going into the Game Properties in the Origin Launcher and adding the line “+fps_max unlimited” into the Advanced Launch Options, under “Command line arguments”. You might also want to check the refresh rate of your monitor. If it’s only 60 Hz, you’re only going to see 60 frames, no matter how well optimised your settings are.
- Hardware-wise, Apex Legends PC has fairly manageable requirements. If you’re struggling to get good performance even with low settings, make sure that it’s not running on your integrated graphics processor. With an Nvidia card you can check this by going into your settings, clicking “Manage 3D Settings”, scrolling to Apex Legends in the Program Settings tab, and checking the dropdown option “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program”.
Apex Legends Steam
You can find Apex Legends on Steam, but it's also available via the EA Desktop app.
Looking for a similar free game? Check the Valorant system requirements.
Apex Legends will run on PC system with Windows 7 64-bit and upwards.
Looking for an upgrade? Try our easy to use Apex Legends set up guides to find the best, cheapest cards. Filter for Apex Legends graphics card comparison and CPU compare. We'll help you find the best deal for the right gear to run the game.
Apex Legends Details
Looking for ready made system? We have 431 laptop computers in our database that can run Apex Legends. We take over 155 gaming laptops under $1000. Check our full compare laptops chart for the right systems or these best deals we've picked out below.