Apex Legends System Requirements
Apex Legends System Requirements (2021) - full specs, system checker and the gaming PC setup you need: Can I Run Apex Legends?
Apex Legends system requirements
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7
Apex Legends minimum requirements
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6300
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7
Automatically test your computer against Apex Legends system requirements. Check if your PC can run the game with our free, easy-to-use detection tool or enter your system manually.
Can I Run Apex Legends?
Apex Legends system requirements state you will need a minimum CPU equivalent to an Intel Core i3-6300. Whereas, an Intel Core i5-3570K is recommended in order to run it. Provided that you have at least an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card you can play the game. But, according to the developers the recommended graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. The minimum memory requirement for Apex Legends is 6 GB of RAM installed in your computer. If possible, make sure your have 8 GB of RAM in order to run Apex Legends to its full potential. The Apex Legends download size is around 30 GB - make sure you have this space free on your PC.
Apex Legends Crossplay was launched in October 2020 allowing PC, PS4 and Xbox One players to play together.
Apex Legends Season 8
The latest Apex Legends Update, Season 8, will likely add a new legend, new weapons and map changes. The Apex Legends season 8 release date was released on 1 February 2021, although the system requirements will remain the same for this update.
Apex Legends Settings
As this is a competitive online game, you’ll want to tweak your settings to ensure maximum performance and optimal play - picking the best Apex Legends settings is a matter of life and death.
- Turning ambient occlusion down improves performance massively, and has the added benefit of improving long-range visibility. Turning down texture filtering, the texture streaming budget, sun shadow coverage, and volumetric lighting will also have a big impact on performance. Disabling V-sync is an essential tweak: while it reduces screen tearing, V-sync can cause an image delay, which is a disaster if the delayed image is an armed opponent.
- If you’re looking to maximise the Apex Legends frame rate, then you’ll need to remove the FPS cap. The battle royale is capped at 144fps by default, but you can change that by going into the Game Properties in the Origin Launcher and adding the line “+fps_max unlimited” into the Advanced Launch Options, under “Command line arguments”. You might also want to check the refresh rate of your monitor. If it’s only 60 Hz, you’re only going to see 60 frames, no matter how well optimised your settings are.
- Hardware-wise, Apex Legends PC has fairly manageable requirements. If you’re struggling to get good performance even with low settings, make sure that it’s not running on your integrated graphics processor. With an Nvidia card you can check this by going into your settings, clicking “Manage 3D Settings”, scrolling to Apex Legends in the Program Settings tab, and checking the dropdown option “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program”.
Looking for a similar free game? Check the Valorant system requirements.
Apex Legends will run on PC system with 64-bit Windows 7 and upwards.
Looking for an upgrade? Try our easy to use Apex Legends set up guides to find the best, cheapest cards. Filter for Apex Legends graphics card comparison and CPU compare. We'll help you find the best deal for the right gear to run the game.
Looking for ready made system? We have 431 laptop computers in our database that can run Apex Legends. We take over 157 gaming laptops under $1000. Check our full compare laptops chart for the right systems or these best deals we've picked out below.
Today's Daily Deals: Monday April 19th 2021
Laptop deals that will run Apex Legends
|$945 (Save $255)|
|GeForce GTX 1060|
|16 GB RAM|
under $1000 (157)