Starfield System Requirements
Full list of Starfield PC Requirements to run the game, with Starfield minimum requirements and recommended specs, plus benchmarks.
Starfield minimum requirements
- Memory: 16 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K
- File Size: 125 GB
- OS: Windows 10
Starfield recommended specs
- Memory: 16 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
- CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K
- File Size: 125 GB
- OS: up to Windows 11
Can you run it? Test your computer against Starfield system requirements.
Can I Run Starfield?
To run the Starfield system requirements, you will be needing an NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti GPU, an Intel Core i7-6800K CPU, 16GB of RAM, and 125GB of SSD space.
Starfield has proven to be a very resource-intensive game. Fortunately, meeting the Starfield PC system requirements isn't too difficult, though you'll definitely want a really good graphics card to play on the highest settings.
To meet the Starfield minimum requirements, you will need an NVIDIA GeForce 1070Ti graphics card, an Intel Core i7-6800K processor, and 16GB of RAM. Tweak with the Starfield settings to get the best results if you're encountering any performance issues with hardware towards the minimum requirements.
However, Bethesda have stated that the Starfield recommended specs require an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU, an Intel Core i5-10600K CPU, and 16GB of RAM, though we recommend having more than 16GB of RAM available.
Beyond the standard Starfield PC specs, AMD have published official Starfield benchmarks for 1080p, 1440p, and 4K experiences. You can read PCGamesN's full review of these spec on their Starfield AMD specs guide. If you are after a wiki, then explore our massive Starfield Database for daily news, searchable databanks, maps, and even interactive tools.
In order to run the Starfield 4k requirements, you'll need the power of an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU, an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT GPU, and an AMD X670 Motherboard. Running Starfield on 4k is quite demanding, so you may prefer to run Starfield 1440p, which needs an AMD Ryzen 7 7700X CPU, an AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series GPU, and an AMD B650 Motherboard. You can also run Starfield 1080p with an an AMD Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, an AMD Radeon RX 7600 GPU, and an AMD A620 Motherboard.
The initial Starfield download size for PC is 125 GB, and requires an SSD.
HDD's are not compatible. So, if you need more space, or need to make an upgrade, check the PCGamesN buyers guide for the best SSD for gaming.
The best price we have managed to find for Starfield is over on Fanatical - check their current deal.
- Is Starfield console exclusive? Since Microsoft bought Bethesda for $7.5 billion USD, Starfield is an Xbox and PC exclusive. There is no scheduled Starfield PS5 launch.
- Is Starfield multiplayer? No, Starfield is designed to be single-player according to Bethesda's Todd Howards.
- Who is in the game? Starfield Db has a full guide to the Starfield cast and voice actors for the vast range of Starfield NPCs and companions on offer.
- What are the Starfield character creation options?
- What are the best Starfield weapons and armor?
- How big is the Starfield map, and how many locations are there?
- How many Starfield factions are there?
- What is the maximum Starfield level?
- Starfield romance options explained.
- Can you join the Crimson Fleet pirates? Yes!
- What are the best Starfield traits?
- What are the best Starfield mods?
- What are the best Starfield builds?
- What are the Starfield console commands for cheats?
- What is the Starfield max level?
- What are the best Starfield ships? Oh and here are some of the best fan-made Starfield ship designs.
Want some crazy Bethesda speculation? Check our Elder Scrolls 6 system requirements prediction.
Starfield will run on PC system with Windows 10 and upwards.
Looking for an upgrade? Try our easy to use Starfield set up guides to find the best, cheapest cards. Filter for Starfield graphics card comparison and CPU compare. We'll help you find the best deal for the right gear to run the game.
Starfield FPS - what frame rate can you expect?
How many FPS will I get on Starfield? We reference thousands of reports from PCGameBenchmark users running our FPS tracking app to tell you exactly how Starfield performs across a range of different settings and resolutions on the most popular PC gaming setups.
What frame rate does Starfield run at?
|66||Intel Core i9-7900X||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080||64 GB|
|44||Intel Core i7-9700K||Intel UHD 630||16 GB|
|43||Intel Core i7-8700K||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER||32 GB|
|41||Intel Core i7-9700F||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060||16 GB|
|39||Intel Core i7-8700||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070||16 GB|
Are you experiencing Starfield FPS drops and stutters? Want to know exactly how the game performs on your system? An FPS monitor is the first step in understanding how the parts in your gaming PC are actually performing in real-world conditions.
Download our free FPS Monitor via Overwolf to count your frame rates as you play, and test how tweaks to your settings can boost FPS and increase Starfield performance. Our app is compatible with hundreds of the best PC games and available now.
Looking for ready made system? We have 14 laptop computers in our database that can run Starfield. Check our full compare laptops chart for the right systems or these best deals we've picked out below.